domingo, 26 de junio de 2016

Uncertain, lost and afraid.

As I told you in my first entry, I've lately been thinking of being a doctor. My studies are really focused on the scientific branch and it's the profession I see myself better, because I'm  afraid I might not be very useful at a lab.

However, I've always dreamt of being a writer. Maybe I don't have the most original ideas ever, and yes, every timeI write something I end up deleting it because I'm not very confident of my skills. Nevertheless, publishing my own novel would be incredible and really fulfilling.

Truth is, I first started this blog not only because I want to share my opinion in some things and improve my typing and my English, but also because I wanted to start some project that would allow me to write and, little by little, encourage me to write something else, such as short stories or, as said before, my own book.The idea came out of "Awkward", the MTV show I'm currently watching-which, despite not being the best show ever, it has me addicted to it.

But, if I'm really honest with you, my real real dream-which I don't think it will ever come true- is to be a singer.When I was a little girl I would love playing music while singing and dancing in front of my family. And even now that I am a rather shy teenager I adore singing in the shower, or anytime, reallyThe problem is I can't picture myself singing in front of big crowds- my voice is not that great neither special and I don't know anything about music. Still, being a quite popular singer is what I see whenever I listen to music.

What if I'm not good enough? As I've always had excellent marks -not trying to brag, it's the truth- everyone has always told me I'd become a very successful person one day. Nevertheless, I fear I might not be as intelligent everyone thinks I am and I might disappoint them at some point of my life. Seeing myself doing something complicated and very important for our society it's not something easy for me. I guess time will tell me whether I'm right or wrong. In the meantime, I'll try my best to get the best results I can and improve not only academically but personally too.
-Anonymous.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario